We love this video from our friends at ‘Love Black Country’.
Take a couple of minutes to watch and join in covering our children in prayer.
As an entire generation return to school for the first time in six months next week, it’s crucial that we pray for them. We’ve produced a helpful video to inspire and guide your prayers, alongside more detailed prayer points below.If you would like to use this video in your online Sunday services, you can download it here.Prayer Points:
- Pray for an easy transition to the new systems that will be in place in schools, which will look very different the typical school day thousands of children and young people left behind in March – staggered lunch and break times, social bubbles, social distancing, PPE, one-way systems, limited socialising with others etc.
- Pray for academic success. Pray for patience and wisdom and strategy for teachers and support staff to help children and young people catch-up with 2 terms worth of work missed.
- Pray for children and young people starting new schools – both primary and secondary – without the usual induction and transition sessions they should have had in July. Pray they settle in quickly.
- Pray for easy relationships with new class teachers and peers.
- Pray for parents, staff snd children concerned about potentially catching and/or spreading Covid 19.
- Pray Romans 8:28 for this generation. Our God can and does work all things together for the good of those who love Him. Pray that they will be filled with a strength and ability to adapt and thrive, unlike any generation before them, as a result of the lock down.