This Praise Service ahead of the start of the 2022 Commonwealth Games will include churches from across Birmingham.
About this event
Ahead of the start of the 2022 Commonwealth Games, Birmingham’s Churches come together in a Service of Praise and Celebration to welcome the athletes and visitors from Commonwealth Nations and Territories. The service will be attended by senior leaders from Birmingham’s Christian Churches and a congregation drawn from different church denominations.
A varied programme of music will be provided by the Cathedral organist, a worship band, the Birmingham City Council Workplace Choir and children from Sacred Heart Primary School.
- The Lord Lieutenant of the West Midlands
- The Lord Mayor of Birmingham
- The High Sheriff of the County of the West Midlands
- President: His Grace the Most Revd Bernard Longley, Archbishop of Birmingham
- Preacher: The Rt Revd Mike Royal, General Secretary of Churches Together in England
The entrance to the Cathedral is via the West Doors on St Chad’s Queensway which is level with the pavement. There is also access to a disabled toilet on the same level.
There are a number of disabled parking bays for blue badge holders on the Queensway just along from the Cathedral and this is the best place for parking if arriving by car.